Dr. Mohan specializes in the following gastroenterological procedures.
- Upper Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Therapeutic ERCP
- Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy (Pill Cam)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy - Flexible sigmoidoscopy is a procedure used to see inside the sigmoid colon and rectum. Flexible sigmoidoscopy can detect inflamed tissue, abnormal growths, and ulcers. The procedure is used to look for early signs of cancer and can help doctors diagnose unexplained changes in bowel habits, abdominal pain, bleeding from the anus, and weight loss.
- Esophageal Dilation - A controlled stretching of narrowed areas of the esophagus, such as strictures, rings and webs, using Maloney, Savary or balloon dilators.
- Enteral Stenting - Stents are devices used to maintain or restore the lumen of hollow organs, vessels, and ducts. Using the endoscope, they are inserted into the alimentary tract to relieve esophageal, gastroduodenal, biliary, and colonic malignant obstruction.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Esophageal Manometry - This test measures the pressures and the pattern of muscle contractions in your esophagus. Abnormalities in the contractions and strength of the muscle or in the sphincter at the lower end of the esophagus can result in pain, heartburn, and/or difficulty swallowing. Esophageal manometry is used to diagnose the conditions that can cause these symptoms.
- Anoscopy - An examination of the anus performed with an instrument only several inches in length, primarily to evaluate for hemorrhoids and fissures.
- Barrx™ Radiofrequency Ablation
- Bravo® pH Probe
- IRC Therapy of Hemorrhoids (Coming Soon) - Using infrared coagulation, internal hemorrhoids are treated for relief of symptoms.